Day at the Beach.
Literally, if any one wants to come to The Great Escape festival with me in Brighton please say. I really really want to go!
Tried my hand at arm knitting to avoid applying for jobs…
Tutorial video here: http://www.thekurtzcorner.com/2013/09/arm-knitting-diy-30-minute-infinity.html
Made some Chocolate Creme Eggs for my last day at work on Friday.
- 170g (6oz) Golden syrup
- 55g (2oz) Unsalted butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 375g (13oz) icing sugar
- 2 tsp water
- A few drops of yellow food colouring
- 200g (7oz) Milk chocolate
1. Place golden syrup, butter and vanilla extract in a bowl, and use electric mixer to cream ingredients together
2. Sift the icing sugar and add two teaspoons of water to bowl, mixing carefully. (Tip: make sure fondant is thick enough to stand a wooden spoon in, add more icing sugar if too runny)
3. Split the mixture: two-thirds for the egg whites, one-third for the yolk. Add a few drops of food colouring to the yolk and put everything in to the freezer for 20 minutes
4. To make the eggy innards, first roll the yolk in to small balls, place them on a baking tray lined with baking parchment, and put them in the fridge once done
5. Next, make larger balls for the egg whites and flatten them with the palm of your hands. Place the yolk in the middle then wrap the egg white around it so that it encompasses the yolk
6. Roll into egg shape then put back in the freezer
7. Melt chocolate and dip eggs in with a skewer. Double dip to make it extra chocolatey
8. Put in the fridge over night then enjoy!